You have been directed to this page as you have booked a Flu vaccination appointment.
As you are probably aware, this year will be a very challenging year for delivering the flu vaccine program. This year we will be adopting a different strategy to ensure we keep patients and staff as safe as possible. This Year’s Flu Programme will be delivered at Laira Surgery ONLY. Due to the current government infection control guidelines we cannot facilitate clinics at any other of our sites this season.
Laira surgery and has been chosen not only for its central location but also for safety reasons. It’s a standalone site with plenty of outdoor space that will allow social distancing safely. It is also centrally based to the demographic area we cover, to vaccinate everyone that is eligible. This site will be used exclusively for the flu programme over a course of 3 weeks.
95 Laira Surgery Pike Road Plymouth PL3 6HG
Please be rest assured that we have taken huge steps to try and maintain your safety. By taking these measures we feel we have minimised the risk of infection and appointments are as safe as they can be. To help us maintain this, please follow the below instructions when you attend the surgery.
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate.
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Walk to the practice if you are able to. The only car parking at the practice will be for blue badge holders. If you do need to drive, please be considerate of our neighbours if you park in the local area. There are no waiting areas if you are being dropped off and picked up.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Please wear a face mask. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please be prepared to provide evidence of this and a visor will be provided.
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to.
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing and visible markers will be on the floor. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the member staff that greets you.
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
- There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting, and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the queue marshall on arrival.
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given in the doorways of the rooms to comply with infection control.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.
If you cannot attend the appointment time you have been given, please call us asap so we can reallocate you via our dedicated flu line. This may mean we cannot vaccinate you this season.
Please see useful links regarding Flucelvax: